Alamosa County Courthouse
The historic Alamosa County Courthouse was constructed during the Great Depression with the aid of the federal Works Progress Administration (WPA).
“The U-shaped complex is one of the county’s best examples of the Mission style. The courthouse was the largest of several WPA projects built in the county during the 1930s. Construction began in 1936. Using local clay and sand, more than 450,000 bricks were produced at a kiln located north of Alamosa. The courthouse continues to house a variety of county offices.”
"The New Deal in Colorado, 1933-1942: Properties Listed in the National Register of Historic Places or the Colorado State Register," Colorado Historical Society, 2008.
National Archives Record Number 69-N.
Project originally submitted by The Living New Deal on January 6, 2012.
Additional contributions by Brent McKee.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE