67th Avenue Subway Station
The Queens Branch of New York City’s Independent Subway (IND) was extended during the 1930s with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. On December 31, 1936, eight new IND subway stations opened in Queens, extending the subway from its 1933 Roosevelt Avenue terminus in Jackson Heights to Kew Gardens. The 67th Avenue station was one of the eight to open at this time.
"PWA Party Views New Subway Link"; The New York Times, December 30, 1936.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 26, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE