• City Hall (Old Post Office) - Tillamook OR
    Tillamook City Hall was originally constructed as Tillamook's post office. The building was completed in 1942 and houses a New Deal mural inside. The site for the new federal post office, located across from the Tillamook County Courthouse, was acquired in 1940. As such, it contributed to a civic center within the community. The State Historic Preservation Office's evaluation of the building and its significance describes it in the following way: "It represents the federal presence in the community and was the community's first federally constructed post office. The building is of standardized design, typical of the era. The design exhibits the...
  • Post Office - Berwyn IL
    The post office in Berwyn was constructed in 1940 with funds and labor provided by the Federal Works Agency (FWA). It was constructed under the supervision of architect Louis A. Simon and engineer Neal A. Melick.
  • Post Office - Brookfield IL
    The post office in Brookfield was constructed in 1935 under the supervision of architect Louis A. Simon and engineer Neal A. Melick.
  • Post Office - De Queen AR
    The De Queen Post Office was constructed in 1940 with Treasury Department funds. The Waymarking site for the post office explains that: "The DeQueen Post Office ...has a similar look to many of the Treasury Department post office buildings. This is a one-story tan brick building which is square, with a hipped roof covered with composition shingles..." It also draws our attention to the concrete cornerstone to the left of the post office entrance that reads: James A. Farley Postmaster General John M. Carmody Federal Works Administrator W. Englebert Reynolds Commissioner of Public Buildings Louis A. Simon Supervising Architect Neal A. Melick Supervising Engineer 1940
  • Post Office - Eufaula OK
    The historic post office in Eufaula, Oklahoma was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building was completed in 1939 and is still in use today.
  • Post Office - Lodi CA
    Constructed by the Treasury Department in 1935.
  • Post Office - Oregon IL
    Constructed by the Treasury Department in 1938.
  • Post Office - Oxnard CA
    The Oxnard Post Office was built by the Treasury Department Bureau of Public Buildings in 1939.  It is a two story building in Italian Renaissance Revival style.  It is still in active use and the original lobby is intact.
  • Post Office - Pacific Grove CA
    The historic post office building in Pacific Grove, California was constructed in 1938 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which houses a New Deal mural in its lobby, is still in use today. The design is "Monterey style" with tile roof(s) and stucco walls, but the bas-relief columns on the front give a classical touch.  
  • Post Office - Pendleton IN
    Constructed by the Treasury Department in 1936 under the supervision of Supervising Architect Louis A. Simon and Supervising Engineer Neal A. Melick.
  • Post Office - Perry OK
    The historic post office building in Perry, Oklahoma was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which was completed in 1939, is still in use today. A New Deal mural that had been housed in the post office lobby has since been relocated to a nearby museum.
  • Post Office - Rockwell City IA
    The post office in Rockwell City was completed in 1940 with funds provided by the Treasury Department with Louis A. Simon as the supervising architect and Neal Melick as the supervising engineer. It is also the site of John Sharp's 1941 mural, "Summer," completed with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and viewable in the lobby.
  • Post Office - Seminole OK
    The post office in Seminole was completed in 1937 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. Bertram E. Giesecke was the architect, supervised by Louis A. Simon. Neal A. Melick was the supervising engineer. It is also the site of Acee Blue Eagle's 1939 mural, "Seminole Indian Village Scene," completed with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and viewable in the lobby.
  • Post Office - Spencer IN
    The historic post office building in Spencer, Indiana was constructed with New Deal funds in 1938. It is still in use today.  
  • Post Office - Traverse City MI
    The historic post office in Traverse City, Michigan was constructed in 1938 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which houses an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.
  • Post Office - Webster Springs WV
    The post office is a typical depression era building with Colonial Revival details. It rests side gabled along the street with a four sided lantern topped with a weathervane centered on the roof. Built of brick with four bays and a central door. The windows large wooded are 12 over 12 double hung. The entrance is a double glass door. The building cost $85,000. It was dedicated on July 4, 1941 by Brig General Lewis B. Hersey, acting national director of the selective service, speakers also included Smith W. Purdum, assistant postmaster general. The cornerstone reads: "James A. Farley -- Postmaster...
  • Post Office - Wewoka OK
    The historic post office in Wewoka, Oklahoma was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which houses New Deal artwork inside, was completed in 1935 and is still in use today.
  • Post Office - Whittier CA
    The New Deal post office in Whittier, California, was constructed in 1935 with federal Treasury Department funds. It was designed by R. L. Warren, with Louis A. Simon, one of the Roosevelt Administration's chief New Deal architects, serving as Supervising Architect. Neal A. Melick served as Supervising Engineer. The building is still in service, but the New Deal mural has been painted over during renovations.  
  • Post Office (former) - Crossett AR
    "When construction was completed in 1940, Crossett reveled in the addition of the 'pleasing green' stucco building that was designed using a combination of Art Deco, Greek Revival, and International architectural syles" (Arkansas Historic Preservation Program). The post office cost $70,000 to build, and housed the post office until 1968. The postal service sold the building to the city for $1 to house the new public library. The library remained in the building until 2002, and the former post office is currently home to the Crossett Economic Development Foundation. "In terms of design, this is a building built decades ahead of...
  • Post Office (former) - Morehead KY
    Constructed as the Morehead post office, Morehead's police building (previously the Municipal Building / city hall) was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds ca. 1936. The building houses an example of New Deal artwork.
  • Post Office (former) - Vacaville CA
    The historic Vacaville Post Office was constructed during the Great Depression but is now privately owned. The New Deal mural still decorates the walls.
  • Post Office (former) - Watsonville CA
    This New Deal post office is now the Cabrillo College Watsonville Center.