(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
Fields can be left blank!
After selecting, click on Search

Displaying 16561-16575 of 16619 results

Hamilton Field – Novato CA

Date added: April 28, 2008

Hamilton Field was built in 1931 as a bomber base, was used as a refugee center during the Vietnam War, and was closed in 1974. The WPA built additions such as several hangars, the headquarters building, an officers mess, and… read more

Healdsburg Elementary School Additions – Healdsburg CA

Date added: March 17, 2008

The Works Progress Administration (WPA) helped with the construction of the Healdsburg Elementary School in 1935.  WPA workers improved the playgrounds and finished the interior of the school auditorium.   There is a plaque put up when the school was… read more

Water and Sewer System Expansion – Healdsburg CA

Date added: March 17, 2008

“The sewer and water-main projects provided the city with an extensive system of new mains in addition to the replacement of old ones, no longer large enough to meet the requirements of the city. By 1938, 8,500 feet of sewer… read more

Post Office Mural – Compton CA

Date added: March 17, 2008

The mural “Early California” by James Redmond was funded by TRAP in 1936. The mural depicts myths of early California and wraps around all four walls of the post office lobby.

Urho Saari Swim Stadium – El Segundo CA

Date added: March 17, 2008

Municipal swimming pool or "plunge," built by the WPA in 1940, and still in use. It is a 25 yard pool, containing 8 lanes, and is now administered by the El Segundo Parks and Recreation Department. It was named after… read more

Doyle Park Bridge – Santa Rosa CA

Date added: March 17, 2008

Santa Rosa’s Doyle Park Bridge was constructed as a WPA project during the 1930s.  The bridge is located at the north entrance to the park, Doyle Park Drive.

Juilliard Park Improvements – Santa Rosa CA

Date added: March 1, 2008

Works Progress Administration (WPA) workers built sidewalks, curbs, a redwood pergola (known as the “arbor”), a stone drinking fountain, and stone retaining wall in Juilliard Park in central Santa Rosa (Sonoma County).

Analy High School – Sebastopol CA

Date added: March 1, 2008

“The school population from Sebastopol and outlying areas gradually increased. By 1935 a new school was built as a WPA project on the same site as the original school, serving students that were bussed from all the outlying communities, the… read more

Sonoma County Airport – Santa Rosa CA

Date added: March 1, 2008

The WPA built one main runway and two cross runways, in addition to such things as ditches for drainage, fences and a new hangar roof.

Street Improvements – Santa Rosa CA

Date added: March 1, 2008

These projects involved street improvements, curb, gutter, and sidewalk construction. They resulted in 8,875 ft of streets, 20,122 ft of curbs and gutters, and 15,792 sq ft of sidewalks. The only streets actually identified in the WPA records are Mendocino… read more

Van Damme State Park Improvements – Little River CA

Date added: February 24, 2008

Van Damme State Park in Mendocino County CA was purchased by the state of California for its newly-established state park system in 1934, after the death of the landowner, Charles Van Damme. As with so many of the original California… read more