"Before 1935 the municipal government was housed in an obsolete nonfireproof building with an auditorium seating 900 on the top floor, necessitating unsightly fire escapes. The new municipal building occupies an ample site and the project included, in addition, a… Read More
“In all, artwork was commissioned for 19 post offices in the Cleveland area. In 2006, only eight are still operational. In those eight, the artwork from the Depression era was still present, though almost all needed cleaning and modest restoration…. Read More
The Pearlbrook Station post office in Cleveland was completed in 1936 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. It is also the site of Richard Zoellner’s 1938 mural, “Ore Docks and Steel Mill,” painted with funds provided by the Treasury… Read More
The four panels of this mural can be viewed 24 hours a day through a glass window, as the outer post office box lobby is always open. It was painted with the help of New Deal funds.
The Section of Fine Arts mural entitled “Harvest, the Annal of America” was painted by Leonard Ahneman and installed in the then-new Montpelier, Ohio post office in 1941.
Constructed by the Treasury in 1934, this building has recently been renovated and converted into private offices for the law firm Doty & Miller: “Shifting their design efforts to preservation, Doty & Miller consulted blueprints obtained from the Bedford Historical… Read More