High School (demolished) - Monahans TX
A high school building in Monahans, Texas was constructed with Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided a $57,043 grant for the project, whose total cost was $127,845. Construction began in April 1936 and was completed in March 1937.
The school, which was located on the west side of what was then known as S. Guadalupe (now S. Betty Ave.), south of W. Hayes (W. 6th St.), has since been demolished. The site is now occupied by the Jerry Larned Sports Center.
PWA Docket No. 1203