The post office in Hutchinson was completed in 1940 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. Louis A. Simon was the supervising architect and Neal Melick was the supervising engineer. It is also the site of Elsa Jemne’s 1942 mural,…read more
Elsa Jemne painted this egg-tempera-on-plaster fresco, entitled “The Hutchinson Singers,” in 1942 with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts. It is viewable in the Hutchinson post office lobby.