The WPA constructed the first nine holes of the Tipton golf course in 1937.
The historic Tipton, Indiana post office was constructed during the mid-1930s with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which houses an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.
The historic Tipton post office houses an example of New Deal artwork: “Indiana Farming,” a Section of Fine Arts post office mural completed by Donald M. Mattison in 1937. The size of the mural is 12′ x 7′ and the… read more