The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built improvements within the picnic area from 1936-1938. The CCC constructed two shelters and a well. The well still remains and is commonly referred to as the “wishing well.”
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) constructed a duck pond between 1934-35. The round lake is approximately 1 acre surrounded by concrete posts. In the center of the lake is a round island with stone lining.