From 1934 to 1941 CCC crews worked to uncover, restore and rebuild 13 separate buildings at the La Purisima Mission. From the official La Purisima Mission SHP website (http://www.lapurisimamission.org) : “The first CCC crews began arriving in 1934 to start… read more
Helen Seegert completed this 7′ x 12′ painted cement mural, entitled “Building the Mission,” in 1936 with funds provided by the Works Progress Administration’s Federal Art Project. It id viewable in the foyer of the Lompoc Veterans Memorial Building auditorium.
David Swanson completed this 3.5′ x 9′ wood carving, entitled “Indians and Father Lasuen,” in 1936 with funds provided by the Works Progress Administration’s Federal Art Project. It is viewable in the second floor club room, above the fireplace, in… read more