The Resettlement Administration built this camp for migrant farm labor, and it is still in use. “Camps would be constructed to provide migratory families with minimum decencies: a healthful site, a pure water supply, sanitary facilities of all kinds, and… read more
This fire station was constructed by the PWA in 1939 and remains in use today.
The official birth of the Kern County Agricultural Fair was on August 5, 1916. It was located on 106 acres at Chester Avenue, two blocks north of 34th Street and just south of the Kern River Bridge. There were no… read more