The Hartford Water Tower “is a historic elevated steel water tower located in Hartford, Arkansas. It was built in 1936 by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Company in conjunction with the Public Works Administration as part of a project to…read more
The federal Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) undertook a sizable road development project in Sebastian County, Arkansas: “under the work the main street of every town in the county has been paved. No other county in the state can make this…read more
The Work Projects Administration (W.P.A.) constructed at least four small bridges in 1940 along West Harmony Road, southwest of Hartford, Arkansas, to carry the thoroughfare across several unnamed ditches.