In addition to a New Deal mural by Hilton Leech, the building contains a cast-aluminum sculpture “The Mail Carrier” by Leopold Scholz. It was installed in 1938 under the auspices of the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
“A mural called “Allegory in Chattanooga” curves behind the judge’s bench. Installed in 1937, it was painted by Hilton Leech under the auspices of the Treasury Department’s Section of Painting and Sculpture. The mural illustrates the history of the city… read more