The Civilian Conservation Corps built the picnic area on Henry Hudson Drive near the Hudson River in the Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey.
The Palisades Interstate Park system, a major beneficiary of New Deal public works projects, spans New York and New Jersey and stretches from The Palisades—cliffs overlooking the Hudson River in sight of Manhattan—to forested hills dotted with lakes in the… read more
Originally known as the “Lookout Inn.” A sign at the current State Line Cafe describes the building’s New Deal history: “‘Lookout Inn’ was built from Palisade stone and chestnut wood in 1937-38 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The Park… read more
The Henry Hudson Drive provides access to sections of the Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey located on the banks of the Hudson River. The section of the drive from the Englewood Cliffs entrance to the Edgewater entrance were built… read more
The Civil Works Administration built the Alpine Pavilion in Palisades Interstate Park in Alpine NJ. Built in 1934 and used as a bathhouse until 1944, the Pavilion was restored in 2016 and is used for picnics and gatherings.
The Civil Works Administration (CWA) built the Bloomer’s Beach Bathhouse and Refreshment Stand in the Palisades Interstate Park in Englewood Cliffs NJ. The Palisades Interstate Park Bathhouse served swimmers in the Hudson River until swimming at the beach was terminated during World… read more
The Works Progress Administration built facilities at the Palisades Interstate Park, State Line Lookout in Alpine NJ. The park facilities include a snack bar, hiking trails, picnicking facilities, cross-country skiing, scenic views of Palisades and Hudson River.