Art Deco-style building with reinforced concrete, finished in stucco. The Community Theater was started with PWA funds, but not finished until after WWII.
The shop and science buildings were New Deal additions to Berkeley High School. They were most likely paid for by the Public Works Administration (PWA), but this needs to be confirmed. “These buildings are fine examples of the Art Deco… read more
These relief panels are on the Florence Schwimley Theater at Berkeley High School. The large bas relief was designed by Robert Howard, son of architect John Galen Howard.
“St. George and the Dragon” (1940) is on the west side of Berkeley High School, on building H. It is a cast stone relief located on the exterior of the building at Martin Luther King Jr. Way at Allston Way…. read more