A Public Works Administration (PWA) grant provided approximately forty-four percent of the cost of constructing Milwaukie’s City Hall in 1938. The simple Moderne style structure included space for the city’s fire department as well as meeting the city’s need for… read more
Rural bridge and box culvert constructed in 1938 as part of the WPA “farm to market” road improvement initiative.
The Colonial Revival style Adjutant General’s house at Camp Withycombe was constructed by Works Progress Administration workers in 1938. Although a military facility since 1909 when it was developed as a rifle range, Camp Withycombe had few permanent structures before… read more
The building was the county police headquarters and 40-bed capacity county jail from 1938 until 1993 when it was razed to make way for a 220-bed facility.