(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 46-60 of 264 results

City Hall – Bellingham WA

Date added: July 24, 2016

From the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies: “Bellingham’s second City Hall [was] designed by Leonard William Somerville Bindon [and] built under Public Works Administration and Federal Works Agency programs of the New Deal in the Art Deco style. Begun in… read more

Laurelhurst Playfield Field House – Seattle WA

Date added: July 9, 2016

During the late 1930s, with funds from various New Deal programs, the Seattle Park Department made significant improvements to Laurelhurst Playfield. The largest of these improvement projects was the construction of a field house near the southern end of the… read more

Laurelhurst Playfield Improvements – Seattle WA

Date added: July 9, 2016

The Seattle Park Department acquired the site for Laurelhurst Playfield along NE 41st Street between 45th Avenue NE and 48th Avenue NE in 1927. Although a few improvements to the site were completed between 1929 and 1932, a series of… read more

Jackson St. Railroad – Seattle WA

Date added: June 16, 2016

Workers for the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) laid track for a railroad on Jackson St., in Seattle’s Central District neighborhood, in 1934.

Ballard High School Renovations – Seattle WA

Date added: June 16, 2016

Ballard High School in Seattle opened in 1901, underwent renovations through New Deal funds in 1934. The Civil Works Administration (CWA) completed renovations between 1933 and 1934. Special Report of accomplishment by CWA workers from November 24th, 1933 to February… read more

Colman Playground Improvements – Seattle WA

Date added: May 21, 2016

The Seattle Park Department acquired the land for Colman Playground in 1910, shortly after the opening of nearby Colman School. A regrading project in the early 1910s made the site suitable for picnics and baseball, but otherwise the Park Department… read more

Colman Playground Shelter House – Seattle WA

Date added: May 21, 2016

During the late 1930s, with funds from the WPA, the Seattle Park Department upgraded Colman Playground. The largest component of the improvement project was the construction of a new shelter house near the southwest corner of the playground. WPA workers… read more

Loyal Heights Playfield – Seattle WA

Date added: May 9, 2016

The Seattle Park Department acquired the property for Loyal Heights Playground in 1941 and, that same year, employed WPA workers to clear and regrade the site, which naturally sloped downward from north to south. More than 7,300 cubic yards of… read more

Cleveland Playfield – Seattle WA

Date added: May 9, 2016

In 1931, the Seattle Park Department acquired the property for the Cleveland Playfield at 13th Avenue South and Lucile Street, immediately west of Grover Cleveland High School. As a new park facility, the playground had seen few if any improvements… read more

Dam – Redmond WA

Date added: April 22, 2016

The Civil Works Administration (CWA) constructed this dam in 1934.