Select search criteria in one or more boxes (fields can be left blank), then click on SEARCH button at bottom of the page. To reduce scrolling through long lists, begin typing a name (e.g., ’Smith’ under artist, “Juneau” under state and city).

Hide Search Options

Displaying 256-270 of 297 results

    Quail Ridge Golf Course – Baker City OR

    Date added: July 9, 2015; Modified: July 9, 2015

    The WPA constructed the first nine holes of this golf course, also known as the Baker City Golf Club, in 1936. From the club website: “In 1936 the WPA started constructing the 9-hole public golf course off Indiana Avenue, in… read more

    Paulina Lake Guard Station – Newberry National Volcanic Monument OR

    Date added: January 5, 2015; Modified: June 5, 2015

    Located within the Newberry National Volcanic Monument area of the Deschutes National Forest (approximately 36 miles southeast of Bend), the Paulina Lake Guard Station was built by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) employees in 1938 to house a seasonal ranger responsible… read more

    Jack Wilkinson Mural

    Harney County Courthouse Mural – Burns OR

    Date added: January 14, 2012; Modified: March 13, 2015

    Originally installed in the Burns post office, this mural was one of the Treasury Section’s 48-State Post Office Competition murals. “New Deal mural entitled “Cattle Round-Up” painted by Jack Wilkinson in 1941. When a new post office was built in… read more

    "Trail to Oregon"

    Post Office Mural – Ontario OR

    Date added: February 14, 2014; Modified: February 9, 2015

    The oil-on-canvas mural “Trail to Oregon” was painted by Edmund J. Fitzgerald in 1938. Fitzgerald also painted murals for the Colville, Washington and Preston, Idaho post offices.

    Post Office Mural – Newberg OR

    Date added: November 30, 2013; Modified: January 29, 2015

    This Section of Fine Arts mural is titled “Early Mail Carriers of the West” and was painted by Rockwell Carey for the historic Newberg post office in 1937.

    Bonanza Grazing District Improvements – Gerber Block OR

    Date added: June 21, 2012; Modified: January 29, 2015

    “As a Division of Grazing camp, [Camp Bonanza] project work was planned and supervised by DG personnel. The basic mission for the project work was to construct infrastructure in the Bonanza Grazing District to allow orderly management of the public… read more

    Fish Lake Shelter – Eagle Point OR

    Date added: December 28, 2014; Modified: January 29, 2015

    The “rustic”-style Fish Lake Shelter, or “community kitchen” was constructed as part of a larger forest Service campground complex by Company 1682 of the Civilian Conservation Corps (headquartered at Camp South Fork, near Butte Falls) in the summer of 1936…. read more

    Old Klamath County Armory

    Klamath County Armory (former) – Klamath Falls OR

    Date added: January 14, 2012; Modified: January 20, 2015

    "The Klamath Armory houses units of the National Guard and is used also as an auditorium for large gatherings. The over-all dimensions of the building are 134 by 173 feet, and ti contains the drill hall 70 by 110 feet,… read more

    City Hall (Old Post Office) Mural – Tillamook OR

    Date added: November 30, 2013; Modified: January 8, 2015

    Titled “Captain Gray Entering Tillamook Bay,” this mural depicts Captain Gray, who is best known for discovery of the Columbia River in the year 1792. Four years prior to that, however, he became the first white man, on record, to… read more

    Bly Ranger Station Compound – Bly OR

    Date added: June 21, 2012; Modified: January 6, 2015

    “The Civilian Conservation Corps and local experienced men, under the supervision of the U.S. Forest Service, constructed the Bly Ranger Station compound between 1936 and 1942. The compound, made up of both administrative and residential buildings, continues to service and… read more

    Washington Park Amphitheater – Portland OR

    Date added: January 5, 2015; Modified: January 5, 2015

    Adjacent to Portland’s International Rose Test Garden in Washington Park, the amphitheater served originally as a venue for “all ceremonies incident to the christening of roses or functions held in honor of roses in Portland”(1921). Designed to accommodate 5000 people… read more

    Bend Skyliners Lodge – Bend OR

    Date added: January 2, 2015; Modified: January 3, 2015

    While less famous than its contemporary, Timberline Lodge, this New Deal sponsored mountain resort also is significant as an Oregon example of WPA log architecture. The Skyliner Lodge is located in the Deschutes National Forest, west of Bend. It was… read more

    Suttle Lake Campgrounds – Suttle Lake OR

    Date added: January 3, 2015; Modified: January 3, 2015

    Workers from the Camp Sisters Civilian Conservation Corps (Company #1454) provided the necessary labor for improvement to US Forest Service land on the south shore of Suttle Lake over a number of years (approx.. 1935-1937). The CCC workers constructed campgrounds,… read more

    Cabin Lake Guard Station – Bend OR

    Date added: January 3, 2015

    Forty miles southeast of Bend, Oregon, the Cabin Lake Guard Station served as a district ranger station and headquarters for the Fort Rock Ranger District of the Deschutes National Forest from 1921 through 1945. Members of a Civilian Conservation Corps… read more