This federal building, formerly known as the U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and was originally occupied in 1907. According to the General Services Administration, a three-story, 100-foot extension was constructed to… read more
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) completed repairs for the Training School Building at Marshall College (today Marshall University) in Huntington, Cabell County. The structure was built in 1937 and served as a laboratory for teachers in training. Also called Burkirk… read more
Ritter Park is a historic park founded in 1913. The Works Progress Administration carried out improvement work in the 1930s. The National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form for Ritter Park notes that Gus Wofford, a landscape architect who worked for the Board… read more
The Works Progress Administration completed repairs and improvements on Tenth Avenue in Huntington, Cabell County. The work consisted of “Relaying old pavement and constructing concrete base on Tenth avenue, Huntington.”
The Works Progress Administration built sewers from Tenth Street to Washington Avenue in Huntington, Cabell County.
The Works Progress Administration built sewers from Twenty-Eight and a Half Alley to Bungalow Avenue in Huntington, Cabell County.
The Works Progress Administration built storm sewers from Twenty-Eighth to Twenty-Third Streets in Huntington, Cabell County.
Under the authority of the Housing Act of 1937 (Wagner-Steagall Act), Washington Square (80 units) was one of three federal housing developments in Huntington opened in 1940. Washington Square was developed at the “Colored” section and recorded as such on… read more