Calhoun County Courthouse - Grantsville WV
The Works Progress Administration built this courthouse in Grantsville between 1941 and 1942.
The building is stone construction with an entrance marked by a portico and a taller central portion. The massing of the rear facade is minimized by a gable roof and the facade is built of similar stone work.
Of an interesting side note, Grantsville is named for General and President US Grant who is a distant cousin of FDR with the common ancestor of Philip Delano of 17th century Massachusetts.