A waterworks and sewer system construction project was undertaken in 1933 with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. PWA Docket No. WA 1845
This US Treasury building replaced the old building in 1938. Both buildings are now part of the Wenatchee Valley Museum. “As a Depression era public works project, the proposal for replacing the old Federal building drew considerable attention from the… read more
WPA workers completed several improvement projects at West Queen Anne Playfield between 1936 and 1939. The largest of these projects was the construction of a combination shelter house, grandstand, and baseball backstop near the intersection of West Blaine Street and… read more
The PWA built the Physical Education building at what was then the Western Washington College of Education (docket #W1049-R). From the WWU Library Special Collections site: “The Physical Education Building, designed by Bebb and Gould of Seattle, was completed in… read more
The Works Progress Administration built a bridge and walls in Whatcom Falls Park, in the vicinity of Bellingham. The bridge is in good condition and is located 100 yards from the park entrance.
“The White River Mess Hall and Dormitory is the only remaining Civilian Conservation Corps camp structure remaining in Mount Rainier National Park. The wood-framed building was built in 1933, and comprises 2185 square feet, originally containing a kitchen dining room,… read more
The Treasury Department funded the construction of the Seattle federal courthouse, which was the first single-purpose federal courthouse on the west coast. The project was originated in 1936 by the department’s Procurement Division and completed in 1940, by which time… read more
The Civil Works Administration (CWA) and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) provided funding and labor for numerous improvement projects at Seattle’s Woodland Park Zoo during the New Deal period. The initial projects were completed in 1933. In the following years,… read more