Buescher State Park is connected to Bastrop State Park via a scenic 11-mile drive. This CCC project opened to the public in 1940. Mr. Emil and Mrs. Elizabeth Buescher donated the original land to the state between 1933 and 1936….read more
The historic Smithville post office houses an example of New Deal artwork: “The Law—Texas Rangers” (1940), an oil-on-canvas mural by Minette Teichmueller. The work was commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.