A two-story International Style building, intended to house the city’s Department of Public Works, built by the WPA in 1936.
WPA crews built fireplaces and reproduction Narragansett Indian villages for Warwick’s 300th anniversary in 1936. Crews also built a field house in the park, but it does not appear to be extant. The precise location of fireplaces is unclear in… read more
This PWA building was constructed in 1937-38 and demolished in 2013. A two-story Art Deco building intended to house both hangar and terminal facilities. The architects were Jackson, Robertson & Adams. The building was torn down as a safety measure… read more
In 1938, a massive hurricane destroyed or damaged many public and private buildings in Rhode Island. Among these buildings was the James T. Lockwood High School of Warwick. Edward O. Ekman of Providence was hired to draw plans for the… read more
A waterworks construction project in Warwick, Rhode Island was undertaken with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA supplied a $45,352 loan and $12,951 grant for the project, whose total cost was $59,268; construction occurred between… read more