A series of stone barns arranged around a central Colonial Revival building. Designed by Edwin E. Cull, of Providence. Demolished in the early 2000s. The site is now a large parking lot.
Several New Deal murals were painted for URI’s Green Hall (the library and administration building), but they have since been lost.
Edwards Hall contains six murals painted by Gino Conti, located in Edwards Hall, the main auditorium of the University of Rhode Island. The murals were created in 1941 under the WPA’s Federal Art Project. They were covered over with sheetrock… read more
A substantial building, built to house the library and administration offices of what was then Rhode Island State College. It was that school’s first full-scale library. The architects were Jackson, Robertson & Adams of Providence, then the state’s most prominent… read more
A large, Colonial Revival building, built to house the Home Economics department of what was then known as Rhode Island State College. It is built of Westerly Granite, then the dominant building material on campus. The building, designed by Monahan… read more