• James A. Redden Federal Courthouse Extension - Medford OR
    The Medford OR post office and courthouse was originally constructed in 1916. An extension was added by the Treasury Department in 1940.  Treasury's Procurement Division was responsible for all federal buildings at the time and Louis A. Simon was the supervising architect. The extension was designed to match the original building, but it is clearly visible from the side wall joint, change in the bricks used and the plain roof line. The building is still in use by the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon. It was renamed the James A. Redden Federal Courthouse in 1996.
  • Prescott Park Development - Medford OR
    From 1933 to 1942, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) developed Prescott Park on Roxy Ann Peak on the east side of Medford, Oregon for public recreation.  The CCC enrollees constructed the access road, 18 miles of trails, several picnic areas and overlooks, and drainage ditches. Much of the CCC work is above the parking area and accessible only on foot. Prescott Park covers 1,740 acres on Roxy Ann Peak, a prominent hill east of the city of Medford (a remnant of volcanism in the old West Cascades). The lower slopes are characterized by oak savanna woodland and the higher elevations by...