• City Golf Course - Idabel OK
    The golf course was built in 1940, and is one of only two golf courses built by the Federal Works Progress Administration in Oklahoma. This a 160-acre, 18-hole course sits on the southeast edge of town and is currently leased to the Idabel Country Club.    
  • Grandstands - Idabel OK
    These grandstands were constructed in 1939 by the Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA). They once belonged to Gray High School. Today Idabel Middle School uses them. On the side is a bronze WPA shield showing the year 1939.
  • Idabel Middle School Gymnasium and Classroom - Idabel OK
    The red brick gymnasium and classroom buildings were constructed by the Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) in 1938-1939. The buildings originally belonged to Gray High School. Today, the gymnasium is used by Idabel Middle School. However, the gymnasium was rebuilt following a fire in the past year (2017). The extent of the reconstruction and how much of what we see today is original cannot be determined. Although the one-story brick classroom building still exists, it is not in use. It has been boarded up.    
  • Post Office (former) - Idabel OK
    The historic post office building in Idabel, Oklahoma was constructed during the 1930s with federal Treasury Department funds. It housed a New Deal mural that has since been re-located to a local museum. Living New Deal believes that the building was located by East Main Street and is no longer extant.
  • Post Office (former) Mural - Idabel OK
    The oil-on-canvas mural "The Last Home of the Choctaw Nation" was commissioned by the federal Treasury Section of Fine Arts. The work was completed by H. Louis Freund and installed in the lobby of the old Idabel post office in 1940. "It is today located in the Museum of the Red River on the south loop of Idabel."
  • State Armory - Idabel OK
    This armory was built by the Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA). The WPA cornerstone on the building shows the year 1936. The Idabel Armory is a one-story native stone building. It is currently used as a bus barn by the local school district.