Fort Recovery Restoration and Museum – Fort Recovery OH

WPA crews rebuilt historic Fort Recovery between 1935 and 1939. The fort was originally built in 1794 on the site where Army General Arthur St. Clair was roundly defeated by the armies of a confederation of Miami and Shawnee Native… read more

Glenville Bratenahl Station Post Office – Cleveland OH

Cleveland’s historic Glenville Bratenahl Station post office—then known as Station H—was constructed in 1935-6 with Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. Designed by R. Stanley-Brown, the building is still in service. “This postal station serves a rapidly growing commercial district in the… read more

John Bryan State Park – Yellow Springs OH

With establishment of the Emergency Conservation Work (ECW) program in 1933, better know as the Civilian Conservation Corp. (CCC) resources became available to develop facilities for the park. Civilian Conservation Corp. Co. 553 SP-16 arrived at John Bryan in June… read more