In 1936, George Pearse Ennis completed this stained glass window, entitled, “Life of Washington,” for the Works Progress Administration/Federal Art Project (WPA/FAP). It was installed in Washington Hall, the Mess Hall of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
This structure was built by the PWA in 1935 as the Post Exchange and Utility Building. It now houses the Academy’s Directorate of Public Works. A 1939 PWA publication described the building as follows: “This structure is one of several… read more
Originally known as the West Point Bullion Depository, this facility was completed in 1937 with Treasury Department funds. “Prior to its remodel in 2005 that added a second-story, the mint was a 170-by-256-foot one-story reinforced concrete structure with a flat… read more