“The Madrid ballpark, the first lighted ballpark in New Mexico and possibly North America, was built in 1920 by the Employees Club in the old coal mine days. The Grandstand with it’s unusual tin roof was added in 1928. Extensive…read more
A former stone school facility in Madrid, New Mexico was constructed by the Work Projects Administration (W.P.A.) in 1940. Located by the community’s W.P.A.-built ballpark, the former school is now a privately owned.