The National Youth Administration constructed a teacher’s home in the Waynesboro vicinity, Beat 4 as W. P. 5193. It was designed by the Mississippi School Building Service, who provided free plans to superintendents.
The post office in Waynesboro was completed in 1939 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. It is also the site of Ross E. Braught’s 1942 mural, “Waynesboro Landscape,” painted with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
The 1936 Wayne County Courthouse was completed with a Public Works Administration grant (W1041) of $45,000 towards the $100,000 building. E. L. Malvaney designed the 51 x 110 foot Art Deco style building constructed of gray brick with stone trim…read more