City Hall - Picayune MS
The Picayune City Hall was built by the WPA in 1938-39. It was built as an exact replica of an English Manor House. The architect, Wilford Lockyer, who was originally from England, ordered the metalwork, hardware, railings, and banisters from the manufacturer in England and had them shipped to Mississippi (Stockstill). Wilford S. Lockyer was employed by the Federal Government for CWA in 1934, PWA in 1935, and WPA from 1935-1940. City Hall was WPA project 4343, built for a cost of $43,000. The building was renovated and refurbished in 2013.