This high school was constructed after the previous high school burned in 1934 with $26,200 contributed by the federal government. The bleachers and wall around the football field east of the school were a CCC project.
These football field bleachers were constructed of native rock in the valley by the CCC, Company 3747 which was based in Paris from 1935-1939. During that time, their primary work was agricultural terracing and drainage improvement.
Medium: oil on canvas This mural, “The Clemens Family Arrives in Monroe County,” depicts the arrival of a young Samuel Clemens on horseback with his father, as Samuel points to his new home and women ride in a fancy carriage…read more