In 1939, the PWA funded a $33,000 addition on the south side of the original Owensville Elementary School, seen to the left of the hexagonal structure. Presently this building is occupied by a Montessori school.
“Constructed by the Works Progress Administration (WPA), the Ozark Community Building was dedicated in July of 1933. The material used for the exterior walls of the building is native fieldstone, referred to locally as “giraffe stone.” The Community Building became… read more
Encouraged by possible assistance from the federal government, voters approved a $20,000 bond issue by a ten to one margin in September 1938, as a 55 percent shared cost of the Work Projects Administration project. Earl Hawkins, of Springfield, drew… read more
This auditorium and gymnasium space was added to the backside of the Piedmont Elementary School by the Works Progress Administration. It features extensive native rock work, similar to that of the Carter County Courthouse in nearby Van Buren.