Benjamin Allen Hall is named after an early 20th Century Lincoln University president and was built as a dormitory by the PWA in 1936. It served as housing for black legislators who could not find rooms at hotels in Jefferson… read more
This large 3 story brick building overlooks the east side of the Lincoln University campus and was “named in honor of Private Logan Bennett of the 65th U.S. Colored Infantry, who contributed money for Lincoln’s founding.” It was built in… read more
This state office building was constructed in the Art Moderne style of Carthage marble in order to complement the state capitol which is north of the Broadway building. It was partly constructed with WPA funds.
In 1972 the U.S. Department of the Interior National Park Service approved the nomination of the Cole County Jail-Sheriff’s House to the National Register of Historic Places. The areas of significance were identified as architecture, political and jurisprudence. The nomination… read more
In 1936, the PWA built Damel Hall, named after John W Damel, who taught at Lincoln University for more than 40 years. Damel Hall was built to house the “Mechanics Arts Department” and currently houses computer sciences and other technology… read more
In 1940, the PWA built this large 3 story brick building as a dormitory to house women. It is named after Libby Anthony who was a “matron” of girls and an instructor in the department of domestic economy.
In 1940, the Public Works Administration (PWA) built this large 3 story brick building as a dormitory to house female students at Lincoln University. It is named after Libby Anthony who was a “matron” of girls and an instructor in… read more
The historic United States Post Office and Courthouse in Jefferson City, Missouri was dedicated on November 17, 1934. In the dedication address, J. Austin Latimer, Special Assistant to the Postmaster General stated, “The magnificent building we dedicate today will long… read more