Crowder Hall is another of the “White Campus” projects and was and is the home to the University ROTC program. It was named after Enoch Crowder, Professor of Military Science at MU.
The Ellis library was built in 1915. The PWA added this addition in 1935. The addition to the existing Ellis Library “provide[d] urgently needed, usable, fire-proof, stack space for books, reading, seminar rooms, and other library facilities.” It is still… read more
Notes: The Jefferson Junior High Auditorium was Federal Public Works Project N. 3701, erected in 1934. It is a multi-use Auditorium for stage productions and sporting events, particularly basketball. The seating was replaced within the last 10 years, but there… read more
Originally the Columbia post office, when the post office moved to Walnut St, the building was converted into the Federal Building, then became the Youzeum, and now is the office for the nursing program at Columbia College. There were 2… read more
Named after E. Sydney Stephens, the University of Missouri’s Stephens Hall was constructed by the PWA in 1935-36. The building now houses the biochemistry department.
Townsend Hall, originally called the Practice Building, is the home of the MU education department and when built, included the practice school and University High school. It was built with PWA funding in 1935-36.
Walter Williams Hall is on the northeast side of the University of Missouri and the arch is the main entry to the historical quad of buildings that are the oldest on the campus.The structures were constructed from 1935-37 with PWA… read more