Traversehistory.org: “In 1934, Traverse City Park’s commissioner, Con Foster, had an idea. He envisioned a park along the lakeshore at the south tip of the West Grand Traverse Bay. The park would have a zoo, a beach house and a historical… read more
A receiving hospital, and employees and nurses training buildings were constructed by the WPA in 1938-1941l. The receiving hospital has been demolished, but the other buildings are now state offices at 701 Elmwood St., Traverse City, MI.