A combined fire and police station in Niles, Michigan was constructed as a Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) project. The P.W.A. supplied an $40,050 grant for the project, whose total cost was $94,463. Construction occurred in 1938-9. Sources suggest the building has since… read more
Constructed in 1936 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA), this handsome facility was built to house the Michigan State Police’s Niles Post. Groundbreaking occurred in September 1938, and the building was completed in August 1939. The building is now privately owned.