Completed in 1937 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA), what was originally a Michigan State Police Post, and Second District Headquarters, was located at West Seven Mile Rd. and Grand River Ave. in Detroit, Michigan. The building has been replaced… read more
The oil-on-canvas mural “Automobile Industry” by William Gropper was funded by the Section of Fine Arts in 1941. It was originally installed in Detroit’s Northwestern Branch post office, but has since been relocated to the Wayne State University Student Center.