The Lexington, Massachusetts branch post office was constructed with Treasury Department funds and opened for business in 1938. The building, which houses an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.
“In the 1930s, as part of a WPA project, the Brook was widened and deepened from its original shallow, narrow bed from Hayes Lane to Emerson Road, all in Lexington. This was to better use it for irrigation purposes. (Today,…read more