This Fair Barn/Civic Center in Horton, Kansas was constructed by the WPA in 1937-39. W.O. “Tutes” Thomas was the designer and head of construction. The building is still in use for municipal functions and celebrations.
“The Horton Post Office was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. The two murals on the Walls, “Picnic in Kansas” and “Changing of Horses for the Pony Express” were painted by Colorado artist, Kenneth Evett in…read more