The historic post office in Columbus, Kansas was constructed in 1937 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which had housed an example of since-relocated New Deal artwork, is still in service.
This Section of Fine Arts funded terra-cotta relief entitled “R.F.D.” created by Waylande Gregory in 1940 was originally installed in the Columbus post office on South Pennsylvania Ave. It is now in a local community center. The work is an…read more