The Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial in Lincoln City, Indiana preserves the farm site on which Abraham Lincoln grew up. In the 1930s, the CCC aided in the restoration and development of the site: “In 1934, a Civilian Conservation Corps crew… read more
CCC Co. 1543 abandoned their campsite and relocated to Turkey Run in 1934. FERA workers seeded the abandoned campsite and WPA laborers salvaged the lumber. Some remaining evidence of the CCC Camp include rock walls, ditches, and concrete foundations.
The Ranger’s Cabin, also known as the boathouse, sits on the shore of Lake Lincoln. It was completed by CCC Company 1543 in 1934. The structure was intended for park personnel residence but is now used as a boat rental… read more
The house was part of a planned service area, which developed after World War II. The superintendent’s residence was nearly completed by CCC laborers when the CCC Camp abandoned in 1942.