The CCC first arrived at the park in 1933. Quarters were soon built for 250 CCC boys. The CCC would help build “trails, bridges, camps, shelter, and more.” (http://friendofindianadunes.org/historic-page/) The CCC also built roads, gatehouses and other facilities. “A CCC… read more
The Wilson Shelter is located at the Indiana Dunes State Park. The shelter was completed by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) laborers in 1935. The style of the shelter is classified as Parks Rustic.