The Works Progress Administration built facilities in Cascades Park in Bloomington IN, The original construction included drinking fountains, shelters, picnic tables of limestone slabs. Today the park spans 68 acres with original features, hiking trails, softball fields.
In the 1930s through the early 1940s, Indiana University’s Bloomington campus was expanded through New Deal funding. The construction of the IU Auditorium (formerly the Hall of Music) began in 1938 with PWA funding. The Auditorium is built with Southern… read more
“Rose Hill Cemetery now encompasses 28 acres. Limestone walls along the north and west sides, and ditches throughout, were installed in 1936 as a Works Progress Administration project. Buried over time, the ditches were discovered and restored in 1993.”