The southern face of the federal building in Peoria, Illinois, features four limestone sculptures: “Postal Service,” “Agriculture,” Industry,” and “Native Indian.” Commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts, Freeman Schoolcraft completed the sculptures in 1939.
Peace and Harvest, 1938-1939 Artist: Mary Andersen Clark Each statue is approximately 8 ft. tall (male figure “Peace”, female figure “Harvest”) These statues were designed by Ms. Clark as part of the Works Progress Administration Federal Art Project of Illinois…. read more
“Built in 1938 of limestone and granite, the three-story, 118,000-square-foot Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse in Peoria, Ill., was designed in the Art Moderne style, a streamlined look popular from the late 1920s through the mid 1940s. Public areas feature… read more