Gustaf Dahlstrom’s panel oil-on-plaster mural “Flora and Fauna,” as well two carved wood bas relief sculptures: “Wild Animals” and “Farm Animals” (artist unknown) were each completed in 1938 with funds provided by the Works Progress Administration’s Federal Art Project. The… read more
This oil-on-canvas mural “Scenes of Industry” by Edward Britton was painted in 1934. It was removed from the old building in 1955, put in storage, and reinstalled in 1955.
The PWAP funded “nine murals titled “Scenes of Industry” at Highland Park High School in Highland Park, Illinois. The murals were painted on board by Edgar Britton in 1934. The building was torn down and replaced. No one knew about… read more
Mildred Waltrip painted the two-panel, oil-on-canvas mural “Robin Hood” (each panel measuring 5’3″ x 6’11”) in 1940 for the Works Progress Administration’s Federal Art Project. “Two murals commissioned by the WPA, placed above the twin wooden benches of a niche… read more