Originally the Priest River Experimental Station, the Priest River Experimental Forest now refers to both a stretch of forest near Priest River Idaho and the research buildings and other facilities located there. It has been a site for forestry research… read more
The WPA built this recreation center and auditorium in a city park on the shore of Lake Coeur D’Alene. The building is still in use today.
Emergency relief crews, including WPA and CCC workers, undertook cleanup and dredging in Wallace and nearby towns after persistent flooding of the Coeur d’Alene River in 1933 and 1934. From the University of Idaho archives, describing the collection on file:… read more
According to the US Forest Service: “This recreation site was built by the Civilian Conservation Corp in the 1930s and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Shoshone County Sportsman’s Association purchased the land and donated it… read more
These buildings are now opened by the Central Idaho Historical Museum. The museum “occupies a five-acre site that consists of log structures built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.) in 1937 for the Southern Idaho Timber Protective Association (SITPA). All… read more
Constructed by the CCC in 1933. It is currently being preserved by the Sawtooth Interpretive Association and is being used as a museum. The Idaho State Historical Society describes the structure as follows: “The Stanley Ranger Station includes a one-and-one-half story… read more
The PWA built an addition to the south wing of the Administration Building in 1936 to accommodate the library, which remained there until 1957 when a new library was built.
Whitney Elementary was a PWA project (docket #1084R). It was demolished in 2009 and the current Whitney elementary was built in a different location on the same parcel. The original structure was designed by Wayland and Fennell Architects, and subsequent additions… read more