“Built in 1938-39, the Ada County Courthouse was constructed as part of the Depression-era Public Works Administration (PWA). Building the courthouse provided jobs not only for construction workers and craftsmen, but also for the artists that embellished it. The Art… read more
The structure was originally built as the headquarters of the Boise District of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). The Boise District supervised CCC camps in southern Idaho and eastern Oregon. Currently, the building serves as a restaurant.
“Though designed and partially constructed in 1931, the minimalistic Art Deco structure was substantially enlarged under the Works Progress Administration. This construction included the central, vaulted cavalry drill hall and the administrative offices housed in the two-story front section. It… read more
Also known as the Log Cabin Literary Center, this rustic log building was constructed in 1939 utilizing the labor of the Civilian Conservation Corp. Each interior room is finished with indigenous Idaho lumber donated by the State’s timber companies. It… read more
Whitney Elementary was a PWA project (docket #1084R). It was demolished in 2009 and the current Whitney elementary was built in a different location on the same parcel. The original structure was designed by Wayland and Fennell Architects, and subsequent additions… read more