A rear extension to the historic U.S. Post Office and Courthouse building was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds in 1936.
“A Henry County treasure that many people in our community have never seen, ‘Cotton Gin’ was created by modernist artist Louis Henri Jean Charlot (1898-1979) in the early forties as part of the recovery process after the Great Depression. Located in… read more
“The U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, built in 1933, is an historic United States Post Office and federal courthouse building located at 120 12th Street in Columbus, Georgia. It was designed by Atlanta-based architect William Augustus Edwards who designed nine… read more
U.S. Post Office and Court House (1935) Completed in 1913. Architect: Lucius D. Allen Extension completed in 1935. Supervising Architect of extension: Louis A. Simon The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia met here from 1926 until… read more