The historic former post office in Eastman, Georgia was constructed ca. 1936 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork (since relocated), is now privately owned.
Section of Fine Arts mural entitled “Georgia Lumberman Receiving Mail by Star Route Wagon” painted in 1938 by Arthur E. Schmalz for the Eastman, Georgia post office. It was restored and moved to the new post office in 1988.